Terms & Conditions
An order for goods placed by you, the buyer, through our website shall be subject to these terms and conditions. Nothing stated or implied in these terms and conditions shall affect the statutory rights of any customer.
Your warranty to us
You, the buyer, warrant that all the details provided on the order form for the purpose of purchasing the goods are correct, that the debit/credit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds and/or sufficient unused limit available to cover the cost of the goods.
Our warranty to you
The details you supply will be stored on our computer and used by Dantzig Limited to service your purchase. We may also use your contact details to provide details of future events; company newsletters and other information relating to the sale of our art products. If you do not wish to be on our mailing list, please email us. We will also honour any requests to remove your details from our database.
Your security and privacy are our priority; it is not our policy to disclose your e-mail address or details to any third parties.
Dantzig runs the occasional prize draw. By entering one of our competitions you agree to the following conditions.
- Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
- Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified
- Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated.
- Participation can be via the website and/or in store.
- Participation is free with no purchase neceassary.
- You must be 18 or over to enter and reside in Great Britain.
- Prizes are to be collected from Dantzig Art Gallery, 1 Market Square, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1SU.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- Winners will have a maximum of 4 weeks to collect their prize. If not collected after this period the prize will be donated to one of our nominated charities.
- No cash alternative will be given and no alternative prize will be given.
- The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- The competition will run from the dates stated on the competition info.
- By entering this competition you will automatically be subscribed to our mailing list.
- Dantzig Art Gallery is compliant with the Data Protection Act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
- If for any reasons beyond our control we are unable to provide the advertised prize, we will endeavour to provide the closest alternative possible and to a similar value.
Your name and address details will not be exchanged or handed to any third party, unless required to do so by law.
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us, or which is available via public registers and any user information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data and Information Commissioner’s Office. We use your information only for the following:
- Processing your orders
- Carry out surveys to help improve this website and any of its services to you
- To send you occasional advertisements and website content
- To enable us to administer this website
- If you have consented, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you, or to provide you with a periodic newsletter.
1. We will attempt to ensure that the information available on the website at any time is accurate. However, we will not be held liable for any errors or omissions. We will use all reasonable endeavours to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after becoming aware or being notified of these.
2. The availability of any work of art displayed on this website cannot be guaranteed. Regular updates are made to indicate where a work has been sold and to introduce new work.
3. Whilst we attempt to be as accurate as possible with the specifications of the artwork offered for sale, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
4. All prices are in GB Pounds. You can easily convert them using the currency converter beside each price.
5. The screen image cannot be guaranteed to correspond exactly with the work of art due to the limitations of reproduction.
6. Right is reserved to change prices and withdraw works from sale without prior notice.
7. The price of each artwork on this website does not include either the price of the frame or the shipment.
7. Prices include packing and storage
8. Prices exclude delivery/shipping and insurance – these will be quoted additionally. In some cases, the buyer can arrange own collection from our Dantzig Limited in Woodstock. Customs & import duties are not included. The customer is responsible for payment of any surcharges.
9. The work will be shipped once the payment has been received in full.
10. We accept payment through international bank transfer, cheque or debit card in the gallery. Please note that we only accept credit card payment if below £1500.
11. All orders will normally be dispatched within 5 working days, once we receive the payment.
12. The work will be delivered to you, the buyer, at the address provided by you.
13. Items sent by courier are usually collected within two working days and delivered in the UK within another two working days. When shipping overseas, we will advise of an expected delivery date.
14. The risk in the goods shall pass to you upon delivery taking place.
15. Any dates quoted for delivery of the goods are approximate only and we shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the goods however caused or for any consequential loss.
16. All works are carefully checked before dispatch. It is up to you, the buyer, to enquire about the condition of the work of art in advance. We guarantee to state the condition of the work as precisely as possible on our website.
17. We will do our best to ensure that you are fully satisfied with your purchase. If the goods are damaged in-transit, please sign the carriers delivery note `Damaged’ and notify us within 3 days of the date on which the consignment was signed for. Keep all the packaging material as the Carrier may wish to inspect this. We will arrange to have the item returned at our expense. You will be given the option to have the product replaced at no charge to you or to have a full refund. This does not affect your statutory rights.
18. Goods that are not acceptable for any other reason may be returned at your expense within 10 days for a refund or replacement, but in all cases you must contact us first for authorisation. An authorisation reference will be given. Goods returned which are not defective or faulty will be subject to a 20% re-stocking charge. This does not affect your statutory rights.
19. Goods that are not acceptable for any other reason may be returned at your expense within 10 days for a refund or replacement, but in all cases you must contact us first for authorisation. An authorisation reference will be given. Goods returned which are not defective or faulty will be subject to a 20% re-stocking charge. This does not affect your statutory rights.
ARTIST’S RESALE RIGHTS
20. Artists Resale Right: By the terms of the EU Directive relating to ARR the professional buyers and sellers of works of art are jointly and severally liable for the payment of the charges in question. When Dantzig sells to other Art Professional Traders it is expressly understood that in every case the buyer will be responsible for paying the moneys in respect of ARR. These will be declared and paid for on the quarterly Relevant Returns which they will provide to the relevant Collection Society involved.